Friday, March 30, 2012
Babies with a smokers cough
Joe Camel has made all these claims that Candy Cigarettes were meant for people around the age of twenty that were already smokers. How is it that it was meant for older people when in the commercial it says "hey children." It really makes me think that he put these out there on purpose to make children get an early addiction to cigarettes. It is by no means a good idea to put into children's heads that smoking is good. It is NOT good. It is a very harmful thing that could have bad repercussions later on in life. I have watched both of my grandparents suffer through a lot of pain and sickness through smoking cigarettes. I have even had some pain with it myself. I never knew I was allergic to cigarette smoke until one summer when I stayed a whole week with my grandparents. Both grandparents go through almost two packs of cigarettes a day and it really took a toll on me. I couldn't breathe, my eyes were bloodshot red and I couldn't stop coughing. This wasn't when I was a kid either, this was when I was seventeen years old! Being around that much cigarette smoke and being to the point where I could not open my eyes at all because it burned so bad was not a good thing for me. After getting home and being in fresh air I was sick for a week straight. I still to this day can not be around cigarette smoke without my eyes starting to burn. My grandparents have to smoke outside just so that I don't get sick. This is a serious thing and no one should want a child to have a smoking habit, or anyone for that matter. Joe Camel, just think about if that was your kid watching this commercial and got addicted, would you be ok with that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment